Every single pregnancy is a miracle!
Unfortunately however, the beginning stages of pregnancy come with some unwelcome side effects. Almost immediately after discovering the joyful news of pregnancy, your body will begin to recognize changes – and so will your hormones!
Different morning sickness remedies work for different expectant mothers, but here are a few popular ones:
1. Eat frequent, small meals. Yes, sometimes eating is the last thing you want to do when you’re nauseated. Any empty stomach, however, can make it worse! Even if you just nibble on some saltine crackers, anything will help.
2. Ginger Ale. There are two different factors that will help in ginger ale – the bubbles, and the ginger! Ginger has been known to ease morning sickness symptoms, and the bubbles from the carbonation will settle down your tummy.
3. Sea-Bands. These wonderful little inventions were initially created for motion sickness, but they are safe for expectant mamas too. It may not entirely get rid of the morning sickness, but they have been known to take off the edge a bit.
4. Keep crackers on your nightstand. This is one of the oldest tricks in the book. Simply place some crackers beside your bed, and nibble on a few as soon as you wake up in the morning. This should help ease the initial empty stomach upset, and help you start your day on the right foot.
5. Avoid tomato-based foods. As a general rule-of-thumb, try to avoid spicy or extremely acidic foods. Not only will these induce the pregnancy nausea – they may not be pleasant to re-taste the next morning. If you’re a spicy food lover, don’t worry - you’ll be able to eat them again later on.